Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

One Bad Morning

I need a new job. I don't get paid enough for this shit.

I have been yelled at 73 times by personal care attendants who have not yet received their checks.

Alice)Yesterday was a holiday, they were mailed out Friday.

PCA) Well I didn't get it today.

Alice) We don't garantee when you get the check, we just ensure that it was mailed on Friday.

PCA) So, if was mailed on Friday why didn't I get it today.

Alice) Yesterday was a holiday.

PCA) So why didn't I get it today.

Alice) Because yesterday was a holiday and sometimes the mail takes a day or two longer.

PCA) That shouldn't make a difference, if it was mailed on Friday It should be here today.

Alice) Yesterday was a holiday and sometimes the mail takes a day or two longer.

PCA) you need a new payroll agency.

Alice) Why? The legally did what they had to do to ensure that your checks went out on Friday.

PCA) Then why didn't it get here today.

Alice) Because yesterday was a holiday.

PCA) Well that means if it was sent on Friday it should be here TODAY!

Alice) I don't guarentee when it gets to you I just guarentee that the check was mailed out on Friday.

It just keeps going from there.... until the pca hangs up or calls my supervisor who just transfers it back to me.

15 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

your job is a thankless job dear friend..and one that will never compensate you for what you put up with..consider the source when dealing with the fucknuts, its always wise to give them a sarcastic but warm response when they seem to have an IQ of warm toast..and lastly..laugh your ass off..cuz you can always change jobs..these morons will be stupid forever!!!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Good friggin point. My boyfriend should be starting his new job tomorrow -he got his painting liscense. I probably should go looking for a new job... I actually don't get paid jack shit for dealing with this crap.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

ha, warm toast.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

if the boyfriend holds the job for a month we should celebrate!! just kidding..look for a new job girl..it wont hurt to look..and i could not do YOUR job without being the sarcastic flippant asshole everyone knows and loves..

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Zan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Part of post deleted by Alice because Zan used Alice's real name.

Personally, I think a new job couldn't hurt at all. I also think that you would be justified in asking for a raise. I know we just let all those people go and blah blah blah but who cares? You deserve more than you're getting, period. Go for the gold, friend.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Zan, I tried that three times and I got a No, NO, NO! each time.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get a pop-up sign, which springs up from your desk at the press of a button, which reads, "Moron alert!" If it's over a phone, you could get a non-personal voice saying that into the phone.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Col. Dr. would you be that non-personal voice?

Can I also get a personal greeting that announces that I refuse to accept phone calls from people whose IQ is smaller than their shoe size?

I have now received 76 phone calls concerning paychecks today.

I doubt they call their credit card companies asking them where their invoices are.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Forzavryheid said...

At my last day of work last week, it was like a GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD. I could do what I wanted, cos I was UNTOUCHABLE.

Every stupid question got the answer it deserved, like f**k off (or some such equivalent- whatever floats your boat)

And as a result, I think they should make that a public holiday. A day where you can tell clients what YOU want. And not get rapped for it. I can but only dream...

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Zan said...

Doh!! I apologize sincerely for the usage of your real name, Alice. I honestly didn't think about it and I know I should have since I have been sure not to use it before. I don't know what I was thinking. Forgive?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Just tell them you refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Walk away while they spend 5 minutes trying to understand your comment.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Some people do not know the definition of PATIENCE.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger boko said...

Hey, I hate my job too :)
Maybe we could start a 'I hate my career' blog

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so naive...I thought people knew that a holiday meant the mail went slower...did they get any mail on Monday? If so, I want their post person...

You gotta love a day that starts with people bitching at you for things beyond your control. I am too much of a smartass for a job like that...start job shopping definitely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home