Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Monday, June 27, 2005

Riddle Me This

Well ladies and gentlemen, I had to try giving you some harder ones. GOOD LUCK!

1. Though I exist alone, there are often many of us interconnected like the threads of a web. If I am worn, there is an expression that indicates you should not leave me. A man with a name meaning something like 'knowledgeable one' once said that I was number four of a certain set, & had less than ten folds. What am I? ___________

2. Read backward I am someone who does not tell the truth. I am essential for the movement of a connected series of carriages. What am I? _____________

3. I am short, concise and to the point. Change my first letter and you have a body of metrical writing. What am I?

4. I am a premonition. My first five letters mean 'to make merry.' What am I?_______

5. I was well known in the heavy metal world of the 80's for yelling at Satan. My name backward is a right to hold another's property. Who am I? ______________

14 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Martin said...

#5 came easy for me but that's just me. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but his remaking was really good.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I got number 2 for sure...like an 80's nut i dont want to spoil anyone elses fun...still working on the rest.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

okay, got number 4 as well.and I think I have number 3.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Gee, if that's how it is, "I got all five, but don't want to ruin anyone's fun."

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I know 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5, but I don't want to ruin the fun.

You guys are SUPPOSED to answer!! That's the point, bastards. (I love you all, but bastards just made it sound better.)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

At least they aren't yuppie bastards.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay...then I will start answering.

2. Rail/liar
3. terse (verse)
4. revelation

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh...number 5...vince neil?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I guess that leaves #1 to me. Thankfully, I took a world religion course in college wondering if anywhere around the world there was a belief system that made sense. As part of that, we had to study & visit various churches, temples, mosques, etc.

I'll give you folks a hint, think

Budha & think eight.

There is no way in the world you will deduce this answer though if you do not know it (unless of course I am totally wrong and the answer is something like ring finger.)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

in 12 hours, no additions?

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Forzavryheid said...

And I'll be honest:

I have NO FRIKKIN IDEA about any of the answers (unless I steal Megans)!

Oh well...

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

2. What Megan said.
3. What Megan said.
4. What Megan said.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Oh, dear - did those psychotic women waiting for that check on Friday abduct you?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

CALLING ALL CARS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home