Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A little R & R

So I took off Thursday and Friday of last week from my work and basically my life just to sit at home and watch as many movies as possible, read a book or two, and splurge on some soap opera, and much on some yummy food and basically make myself ill with gluttony and laziness. So in other words I thoroughly enjoyed myself and can’t wait to do it again in a few months. The posts that will follow are a catchall on what I did with my lazy self on a four-day weekend.

10 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

jesus christ in a thong..you watch the soaps?? i had no idea you were such trailer trash girl..lol..just kidding..glad you had some personal time..we all need it on occasion :)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Really funny and cute story with that.

I used to be ANTI-SOAPS!

What changed that was the boy-toy, when his mother had colin cancer he would sit with her every day and watch t.v. and basically tend to her every whim. Well, he ended up getting hooked to Days and got me to watch it once, I thought it was funny lame with such bad acting and predictable story lines that we watch it now just to make fun of it. But at least we make fun of days together.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Yes every now and then you need time to do .... nothing. I used to like soaps, my favorite was The Guiding light.

Hey who made me say that?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am jealous. I wanna stay home alone and watch movies and read and be lazy (pouting).

But I am in the same boat. I used to watch All My Children. Even though I make fun of soaps constantly...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

well the b&c watches soaps daily the freak...but i love that the boy toy watched them w/his mom :)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger PackerPundit said...

lazy movie filled weekends are the best... this past weekend I watched "Dodgeball" (sucked) "Goodfellows" (fanstinkintastic) and KillBill part 1 (good... typical tarintino sp*)
romey

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to chillax. I was just saying I wanted to take vacation to do nothing.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Someday I need to take a photo of my DVD To-View stacks on top of my TV. I just need to have a week or so of real free time to enjoy myself like you. Can't do the soaps thing anymore but then again so many shows now have that aspect to them... it's hard to avoid.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

couple years ago I was working tech support until 1 AM, which meant getting off the phone and home around 2. It was really hard to go right to sleep (can you go to sleep at 6?) so I would unwind until 2:30 or 3. I would wake up in time for All My Children. I used to love that show. Dixie was so hot...

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Cool. A definate must every few months to recharge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home