Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Boy-Toys Birthday

I need to get something for Jon’s Birthday (he will be turning 3-0) and since he was offered 5 houses to paint and possibly more I was thinking of getting him a cell phone for his birthday. I want one of those Trac (sp?) phones that you use pre-paid minutes. NO CONTRACTS. Now I haven’t owned a cell phone in years and I am trying to figure out what I want to get him.

Requirements:
Voice mail
Caller ID
Spiffy ring tones

Anyone have any advice on what I should look for. Does anyone recommend a particular phone? Suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

All the phone companies now offer pay as you go. you can check them out online which is what I suggest or give them a call and ask what the cost is and what they offer along with the service. I have heard that T-Mobile is a very good one for that type of service and they are trying to make a dent in the cell phone market so their rates should be competitive..a flip phone is great for men since they usually carry it in their pocket, but I like Nokia, its very user friendly and inexpensive. Sadly they do not offer a flip phone, but you can always get him a belt clip if you choose a Nokia for him. Also, T-Mobile is very lenient regarding credit history so you might be able to get the traditional service plan which is alot more flexible and cheaper in the long run since they give you a phone just for signing up for a one year contract..I use Cingular but I do not recommend them..their customer service sucks ass..

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger sammie said...

Don't use Trac phone...or any of the pre-paid. They are HELLA expensive and you run through the minutes very fast. I know that AT&T has the "GO PHONE" which is month to month, no contracts but more like a monthly plan where u can choose the amount of minutes that u want like any other cell plan. You can either pay cash or they can directly deduct the $ from your checking account(which I think gives u a discount)monthly. As for me, I use Sprint, and I have a plan for myself and my daughter. I got my son(he is 14) the Pre-paid and as far as Im concerned he might as well not have a phone...
It'd cost me three times as much as my regular cell plan to keep him in any decent amount of minutes...so for an adult, I'd say HELL NO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home