Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Monday, September 19, 2005

Irrational Fears



Do you have a phobia?

Some strange innate fear of something that you can not explain?

Such fear that you heart beat quickens and your forehead dampens with beads of sweat?

So yeah everyone has his or her little fears. Mine however are a little comical and bizarre.

I have a terrible fear of Mayonnaise.

Yes, you did in fact read that correctly, Mayonnaise.

I can’t even begin to explain it but I absolutely hate the stuff. I do NOT allow it in my house. Ever. I go myself a boyfriend that doesn’t like mayonnaise just so that I wouldn’t have to be around it. I do not eat anything made with mayonnaise (never have, never will). I even refuse to touch the actual container mayonnaise is in. If I am home at my parent’s house I actually take a long wooden spoon or something and move it to the other side of the fridge of whatever I was going to grab. When I was a personal care attendant I made bologna and mayonnaise sandwiches for my employer. He got me the squeezable mayonnaise bottle and I wore rubber gloves.

So, what are you afraid of?

11 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

None of my fears can match up with yours girlfriend..

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Less than Mayo, I also have a phobia of heights (only when I know that I am not supported ie; ferris wheel, cliffs, bridges otherwise I do go rapelling all the time) I also HATE rats (these include gerbils, hamsters, and ginea pigs ( I don't like the sounds their nasty little nails make going over linoleum).

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Mainly spiders :( Never heard of a Mayo phobia before though. :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Danilo da Silva said...

OMG, mayo?! poor mayo... Im just kiddin.

Yes, I do have my fears, but if I were to list them you'd just call me a whimp... One thing I can list is insects, of any kind, shape and size.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Now Danilo you know for a fact I hate mayo. You have known that for years.

Is being down in Brazil making you forget? Well than get your happy cute little ass back up to the states.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Roaches obviously. And...dead bodies. You don't wanna know.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

http://www.unusualphobias.com/mayo.html

HA, did some research and found out that I am not the only one out there!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Danilo da Silva said...

hey Alice,

of course I knew it, of course I did... lol

Dude, no worries though, sometimes I forget my own fears and I only remember them whenever I am already screaming like a girl...

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger sammie said...

Something happening to my kids.
When they were little I used to actually SEE things happening such as if they were toddlers trying to come down the stair I would see them falling. Made me a lil nuerotic when they were little, then again being overly cautious is alot better than these parents who don't even WATCH their kids!!!

I know two people who are the same around mayo..haha, who woulda ever thunk?

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Lightning. You should see some of the lightning storms that Texas has. I was afraid to sleep upstairs.

I used to fear spiders too, but now my fear has turned into a hatred. Whenever I see a spider, I instinctively kill it with anything I have available, including my hand. But I guess it's better than fear.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! There are other people like me in the world. I'm terrified of mayonnaise. I once had a panic attack on a plane because they served sandwiches to everyone on the plane containing mayonnaise! Trapped 30,000 feet up with about 100 mayonnaise covered sandwiches - A scary moment in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home