Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Monday, June 26, 2006

ALICE’S MANIFESTO

man·i·fes·to Audio pronunciation of "manifesto" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mn-fst)
n. pl. man·i·fes·toes or man·i·fes··tos

A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.


intr.v. man·i·fes·toed, man·i·fes·to·ing, man·i·fes·toes

To issue such a declaration.

It is not political, but I don't give a flying fuck.

ALICE’S MANIFESTO

A GUIDE TO A CALM DAY TO DAY LIFESTYLE.

Stop doing people’s things for them. Yes, they probably won’t do as good as job as you, but you can’t fix everyones mistakes and you can’t do everything for them. Stop enabling them, they will insist you do everything for them after the initial help.

You do not need to teach everyone… some people don’t want to be taught anything, they don’t care, they won’t do anything with it. Don’t waste your time on malcontempts (assistance for the word I am trying to get would be appreciated).

Don’t fight everyones battles. You may want to run to the rescue of a loved one but pick your battles, you may be hurting someones pride.

The word NO is not that hard to say.

People have the innate ability to annoy, condescend, and be stupid. Get over it, this is an inherint flaw that mankind has. It can not be fixed. Unless with genocide, and since that is very hard to come by. Deal with it.

If it doesn’t happen, it isn’t the end of the world.

If you want something fixed, do not outline the various ways of correcting it…. Let them figure it out. If you get upset with the final outcome see first passage.

People will argue with you about things… they will disagree. Does this make them wrong? Yes, more than likely. You do not need to shove it in their face they are wrong… it just puts you in a bad mood. Just say Okay and walk away from the situation.

I will add to this ALL day.

8 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Sometimes, you just have to put your foot down(or up, depending on your point of view) and say NO. It's a tiny word, but a strong one.
And I think the word you're looking for is malcontents.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Bruce-Your such a doll! Thanks.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new template! I am sure Rat could help you out on the genocide thingy..
There's an idiot born every minute..dammit.
hey I put a couple of funny pics up to get rid of the depressing post that was up there..go check them out.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Hey, I forgot... love the new look, doll. Very girly-like ;)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger tao1776 said...

Amen....Choose how you want to feel and let people live out their own destinies. Help when you can but leave the missionary work to Mother Theresa.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger none said...

Enjoying the new look. It took me a moment to realize that I didn't go to the wrong blog but all in all it's cool.
No is a very good word. I had to teach Bryan that after we were married so we weren't suppose to be in two places at once.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the sprucing up!

I know I also need to stop doing other people's stuff for them (especially the people who get paid twice what I do) but they are just so incompetent...

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Zan said...

Well alright, it's PINK! I like it!! I agree with the Manifesto, if there's anything I can do to help let me know. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home