Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

talk amoungst yourselves

Gay Unions and a Devil's Advocate

Yep, easy subject for me... I'm all for it. Yes, I am sure that this will ruffle feathers, it is suppose to, life ruffles feathers, deal with it.

I also think it would cut down on some of the divorices we have... gays wouldn't have to stay in the closet and marry straight people to live a "normal existence." whatever normal is.

Anyways, the boy toy and I got into this subject last night. I have a family member who is a lesbian, she has a partner, same partner for over 10 years. I am all for gay unions, not marriage persay but all for the idea of the equivilent, just call it something else with the same benefits. Anyways, we went deeper in arguement and went a few notches more. Please take the following with a grain of salt, I do not necessarily believe in the following (or that any of it is right, or that Homosexual marriages are in any way this caliber), but it did raise some questions in my mind. Where do we stop, where do we begin? Will we ever?

If we allow homosexuals to marry. How about the polygamist?

If we allow the polygamist to marry, then do we allow incestuous marriages??

How about marriage of an adult and an extreme youth?

How about if someone wanted to marry an animal??

Please, talk amoungst yourselves, give your opinion, I will not slight you for it, just keep in mind opinions are like assholes, everyones got one so be considerate with yours and don't bash anyone for what they think, if you don't agree, argue a point just don't be a dick about it.

9 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why does the talk of gay marriage always get into the realm of: If we allow this,whats next?

The only difference between a gay couple and a straight couple is that both partners are of the same sex..thats it..no big secret handshake, no special clothing..

They pay the same taxes, they contribute to society, they can vote for gods sake..why can't they friggin marry?

They need to be able to be as miserable as the rest of us..and pay thru the nose to get out of it..just like us hetero's..

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

I'm as straight as an arrow, but I could give a rat's ass if two gays want to get married. I'm fucking sick and tired of these homophobic assholes trying to force their morals onto the rest of society. WTF are they afraid of; hordes of gay people running wild in the streets?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Oops, sorry..I guess I got carried away there. Side effects of living in the same city as Jerry Falwell.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I think you've either banged your head or fallen off your meds.

I also see no slippery slope thing here.

You've lost it.

Although many religious people are happy to blame homosexuals for 9/11, and half of the other things that are bad in our country.

We cheer for O.J. and for M.J., but we're going to worry about gays. Worry about the idiots who worry about the gays.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey..johns last line is perfect..says it all about this subject..

next topic is??? women who love their cars and the men who love them? :p

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger none said...

What the heck do homosexuals have to do with 9/11?? I guess if the hijackers were all expecting seventy males in heaven...

also I don't agree with gay marriages but I'm not about to go tell them what they can and can't do. If I go up to someone who's gay and whisper in their ear, "homosexuality is wrong." They won't turn around and say, "Oh my! Really? Then I will turn from my ways!"
What happened to loving people unconditionally? You may not like their lifestyle but the same could go for people who smoke, drink or whatever else.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

I completely agree with you, Dusty. Let the gays have their unions, but do NOT call it marriage. The Bible says a marriage is between a man and a woman--The first marriage was Adam and Eve, a man and a woman. The gays can call their tying-the-knot a union, and I have no problem with that. They are human beings with feelings just like the straight world. That's fine. But do not call it marriage as the definition of the word marriage, according to my trusty Webster's Concise English Dictionary says, "a state of legally joining a man and woman as husband and wife". Notice it says 'man' and 'woman', NOT woman and woman or man and man. And furthermore, the definition from the same books says that a husband is "man who is married to a woman", and a wife is "woman to whom a man is married".

Look, I'm not prejudice or anything (I've had gay friends, still do), but if they wanted the English language to change the definitions of these word especially for them, then they should have come out of the closet a long time ago way back when these words were invented and being defined. So call it anything but MARRIAGE, because it has not and will never be a MARRIAGE. If they really want to change the world's definition of these words, then they can go dig up old Webster's body and kick his ass.

Now, to all gays: Go off and get unified in your union ceremonies. I wish you good health, happiness and prosperity. I really do. At least you have found your soulmates, which is hard for even a straight person to find these days.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't see the gay unions as a slippery slope, and I don't really care what you call it. Marriage, union, "butt buddies", whatever.

(Sorry- channeling a little South Park there- no offense meant to anyone).

Also, gay marriage in no way opens a door to marriage to minors or animals, in my mind, because gay marriage is still a union between two consenting adults. Polygamy or incestuous marriage, maybe...although as to polygamy if we are still talking about consenting adults, well...it would never be my choice, but I don't see why I should be making that choice for everyone.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion, "marriage" is a word that can be used to describe many things. One of the stronger alternate definitions of marriage, if you had read on past the man and woman part, is "a close and intimate union; 'the marriage of music and dance'; 'a marriage of ideas'" - And under that pretense two people, by any race, creed or sex could marry. I think that in order to link such a term to anything definite would be too limiting to its overall possibilities. In order to accomplish the segregation necessary to deviate two like-sexed individuals being "married" versus two opposite-sexed ones you'd have to pervert the very essence of the base meaning of the word. By any right you could say that best friends were married in the bonds of their friendship - or a truck and it's trailer ar married at the hitch. Marriage implies a bond - a link by which two things are related. Define it as you will but remember that ignorance and intolerance are often "married."

Albert Einstein:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home