Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Monday, April 17, 2006

Quiz Time

Let us see how well your brain is functioning today. Answers posted in the morning.


1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?


Thoughts to live by:


A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying .... "Boy we really fucked this one up."

I've learned...that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned...that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned...that money doesn't buy class.

I've learned...that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned...that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

To ignore the facts does not change the facts.

The less time I have to work, the more things I get done.

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

8 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Money doesn't buy class..god is that true or what?

Speaking of asshole neighbors..I think mine are trying to rival yours lately..think the Shrub will nuke em for me?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Depends on several factors:

1. are they terrorists
2. would a religous zealot consider them terrorists
3. are they not on welfare
4. are they liberals
5. are they any color other than white

any of the above I think would get nuked by the Shrub... otherwise, your safe.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?- 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats?- Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get catgut?- goats
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?- February
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?- pony, squirrel, goat, etc.
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?- dog
7) What was King George VI's first name?- Albert
8) What color is a purple finch?- rose colored
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?- SE Asia
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?-orange

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

I try to close the door on reality all the time. And I shut the windows. Eventually, reality just rips open the roof.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Scott said...

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last? Was it 100 years?
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Well it was Panama but now they are made in China -cheaper labor
3) From which animal do we get catgut? YUCK!
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? Let's ask Ivan because I don't know?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? ???
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? That's easy
7) What was King George VI's first name? Helen
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? Japan
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Not a box-but more like a computer hard drive encased in flame resistant plastic

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I would assume that Bruce gave out the answers. o well.

Of course money doesn't buy class...remember the Clampetts???

Peace

Jill

www.jitter.fourpointmoms.com

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Hey kiddo. Nice to see you again. I might be sent to Kansas City soon. I told work I didn't really want to get killed in a tornado, but they weren't too concenred. Shock.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger paul said...

dearest Alice,

i finished "Magic Street" a while back. i read it in a couple days: it was so good. it inspired me to get "a midsummer night's dream" on cd and i am now listening to it on my ipod.

love,
paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home