Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chump Change




Holy Shit! I finally received my raise today. A whopping .36 cents an hour. At least it is being retro-active from July 1. And I get money into my retirement account.

Which means I can buy my Christmas presents (including Dusty's, and yes doll-face I will need your addy at somepoint) and I can pay two months rent.

Hmmm... I guess the .36 cents ain't to bad then.

I still need a job that pays me what I deserve... maybe I should post my resume on my blog at some point...

Nope, now that I think about it some more... that doesn't cut it... I have worked my fucking god damn ass off for these mother fuckers and they are doing this to me?

Something about my attitude.... I'm sorry, I thought you weren't paying me for my attitude... just my work performance (which is exceptional).

Fucking stupid yuppie bastards.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

.39 raise? looks like the man is keeping you down

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Alice, that's almost $750/year! Why, you could almost afford what the increase in the heating bill is going to be this year....

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Leave it to Kurt to put things in a more... how should I put it... calming way for me to logical not-reject my raise.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Congrats on the raise. Think of it, you could send out an extra letter every work hour. B)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home