Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The 3 Quotes Above My Desk

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the great make you feel that you, too, can become great.-MT

Strange is our situation here upon Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, no knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From that standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others. -AE

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2,000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He replied, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb, it just happened to be a 2,000-step process.-beats me

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

all righty then!!! i like thom ed's lil uplifter..it works for me :) thanks alice!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Sweetness all around! Love 'em.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Here's a couple of more for you:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. (draw it if you have to)

You can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't make him a duck.

I have done so much for so long with so little, that now I feel I can do anything with nothing (that one was just in my head because I saw it yesterday)

(I love this one & kids so don't take it the wrong way anyone) Having children is like being pecked to death by ducks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home