Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Friday, July 21, 2006

Borrrrring

What a boring day. Is everyone else as board as I am? Well, my grandfathers health seems to be slowly declining. He has his cave and surrounding property for sale or looking for quality manager of it. I am pretty interested in the position so I will be going down this weekend to speak with him about it. He can't pay 401 or health insurance... but he would give me as many hours as I wanted, eh, decent or somewhat decent pay, and a free house to stay in (a 70's double wide that looks like a house on a foundation with an acre of land). I am doing my pros and cons list of the sortid deal.

I am doing as my therapist asked and I am actually begining to write a book. I am three chapters in. I kinda like doing the basics with getting the background and little diaglog, lots of character details.... then go back and fill in more information so that If it turns out good I could possibly have a second book after this one.

I am pulling a lot of my life and influences into the story. Believe me the hicks across the street will be included in it somewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think if you like working for gramps..go for it! You will save money by not paying rent right?

Your neighborhood does give you alot to write about..like mine apparently. I think your thought processing mode should help you understand yourself quite a bit too. Is that why she has you doing it? sounds fun actually.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Well.... Mr. Therapist says that I have an all or nothing thought process... black vs. white, no grey. My moods don't run that way, so obviously I am not bi-polar, just have borderline personality disorder... fun huh? Anyways, I had tried several times to attempt to write and after a page I would go back and start editing and find things I should have done or could have done better and then I would scratch it and start over and repeat the process. He says I have the imagination and creativity to pull it off so he said just start writing and when you are done and have accomplished that you will know what you want to fix. So, now I can't edit.


But, I have lots of supernatural fun in what I have so far and pretty good character developements. Loads of female heroism, lust, candor, good bad vs. evil storyline and lots of things to keep a reader guessing.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

OH! I failed to mention that the cave is at the Lake of the Ozarks... talk about peaceful living!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironic, the day I come to visit this (of all things) is what you have to say. Hoorah on FINALLY starting your book(s). It's only been about a decade coming now. You always knew you wanted to get out of your head and on to the paper but found other things instead to quench your spasmodic intellectual appetite. I think it's great. Tell your doc that someone who doesn't matter anymore says that he agrees with the choice of vehicle for your creativity. Actually finding time, however, means that you are either REALLY bored or finally settling into a "way" (or both).

Taking over for gramps could be a blessing and a burden - trust me, I know. Playing family embassador has it's perks and it's downfalls - I too have played this role and the outcome is mixed. Tread carefully, however, and if you play your cards right everything comes up aces. (Free rent is undeniably an ace)

Send me an email - I'd like to be able to settle a tab that I started a LONG time ago. Tell Boy Toy not to get his hackles up - my intentions are NOT culpable and my contact WILL be limited.

past_remembered@yahoo.com

~L!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Dusty on this, dear Alice. You've been wanting to get out of Columbia for a while, so take a shot at it. And the book sounds like a great idea. Of course, I expect a free signed copy when it comes out. ;)

I'm glad your parents made it through the storm ok. It seems that St. Charles was spared the brunt of the storm.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Oy, dearest white knight of my past... who said what you say no longer matters? You opinion always did influence things.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger none said...

I think I would enjoy reading more stories about those hicks.
Sounds like a great job. And I'm including working for your grandpa and living in a rent free house. Niiice.
Keep us posted about how your book is coming.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I say go for it, you wanted to get away before this why you save some money and you get the escape you wanted to before.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger twolf1920 said...

HI ALICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want a signed copy when you are done!!!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's wonderful Alice- I would demand a signed copy, but I'll pay for it to support your endeavors.

Also, I think if you ask most writers it is impossible to edit as you go. Ya gotta wait til the end otherwise you might never get to the end :P

It'll be fantastic- can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home