Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Current Status with a Riddle

Good Tuesday loving blog viewers!

First off... GO CARDINALS!!! I hope they beat the Houston Astros! Let's see if Dusty takes my bet. I would love to see the LA Angels Vs. The Cards for the series!

I am currently reading the Harry Potter series (yeah, I know I will get some shit for reading them) they are a really cute series of books, kinda reminds me of C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. Don't anyone spoil any of the books for me, I am now on the fourth book Goblet of Fire.

My back is killing me today... I was fine, got up, took a shower, headed out the door with the boy-toy to go to work, sat in the car and now my lower back is killing me... If I sit it hurts, but if I stand it feels fine... to bad I have a desk job, I think I would rather be on my feet today.

5 Aleve down
2 800 mg Ibprofen down
1 Oxycodone

Watched a couple of good movies over the weekend. Assult on Precinct 13 was excellent and the I inside with Ryan Phillipe was pretty good too. I will try to post a little blurb about both later today.

Plot Summary for
Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
On New Year's Eve, inside a police station that's about to be closed for good, officer Jake Roenick (Hawke) must cobble together a force made up cops and criminals to save themselves from a mob looking to kill mobster Marion Bishop (Fishburne).
Summary written by IMDb Editors
It's New Year's Eve in the city of Detroit. Cop-killing killer Marion Bishop (Fishburne) has just been arrested and is being transferred to prison. However, the transport bus is forced to stop because of the weather, so they stop for a while at the soon-to-be closed Precinct 13. Among the few people inside Precinct 13 is Sergeant Jake Roenick (Hawke), a cop who hasn't done any field missions in eight months because he feels guilty about the two cops that were killed in the mission. Not long after the prisoners are locked in their cells, Precinct 13 is assaulted by men in white gear. The police try to get a hold of other precincts, but the lines have been cut. The officers inside Precinct 13 believe that the men are Bishop's men coming to get him, but they soon find out that they are rogue cops trying to kill him. In order to survive the night, Precinct 13's inhabitants will have to unite and fight.

Plot Summary for
The I Inside (2003)
A man (Phillipe) awakens in a hospital not recalling the last two years as he begins to find out things from his past he discovers his ability to move from the year 2002 to the year 2000. By doing this he meets a link between the two time periods (Lang).

Riddle for everyone: A man is dead inside a cabin on the side of a mountain. How did he die? You can ask as many questions as you need, I will post the answers right under this riddle so you don't have to scroll through the comments to figure to read the hints. Good Luck!

It was not an avalanche
The Cabin did not fall down
no serial killer
not suicide
not death by a gun
no bears ate him either
The cabin did catch on fire after the man was dead.
The man did not die of natural causes
He did not freeze in the ice age.
The man is certainly not faking death, in fact he has a few broken bones as well.
The cabin did collapse. But he was dead before that.
The cabin did slide down the mountain a short distance, but the man was dead before that.

Come on guys, ask some good questions!

Hint: focus on the cabin

Megan has a really good riddle posted today too. Maybe Rat should try since he already thinks he has mine figured out.

18 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're kiddin me with that riddle right? I don't know...avalanche, the cabin fell on him, natural causes, serial killer, suicide with a hunting rifle, shot for trespassing, three bears ate him...the possibilities are limitless.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

I hope your back feels better...ouch, sounds pretty painful.

That penguin video below cracks me up.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Erin said...

The cabin caught fire??

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

A heart attack, and someone just dumped the body there. Now, I have to go move it.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

First off: GO ASTROS!! I hope they beat the Cardinals!

(Sorry, but as a new Texan I have to cheer for the locals.)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

He froze in the ice age.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I think he's holding his breath and faking it.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I figured it out. Well, actually I cheated, but that's a good one. I won't post my "guess" and ruin it for everyone else.

These are always so obvious once you know the answer. Damn it.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger daisyduke said...

would it be out of the question to invest in a good chiropractor? This isn't an essay question...yes or no will suffice...but I have to tell you, I use a chiropractor instead of an MD every chance I get...

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

My Mom and Dad are big advocates for chiropractors, they both would give their entire spinal column to get people to go to chiropractors more.

They only have a few here in town and I know my insurance would take care of it... I am just trying to find a reputable one.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

That riddle is sneaky. Goggle is a wonderful thing; I cheated too. But it seemed impossible...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Got it. Never woulda gotten it without Google, but it was making my head hurt...

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Well you guys are a lot of fun when you cheat.

DAMN GOOGLE!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry- I seriously was spending way too much time thinking about it! Your riddle was ruining my life! I had to cheat to get it out of my system.

But it would have been more satisfying to figure it out on my own, truly.

Sorry Alice.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

2 questions about the cabin:
1) did the cabin collapse on him?
2) did the cabin fall down the mountain?

as for the rest of the post:
I am currently reading the Harry Potter series (yeah, I know I will get some shit for reading them) they are a really cute series of books, kinda reminds me of C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. Don't anyone spoil any of the books for me, I am now on the fourth book Goblet of Fire.

Harry Potter is excellent. Books 4 & 5 were my favorite, which I both read twice each. Six was really good too. I loved three as well, but four is when it starts getting more "adult."

Loved Narnia too.

No need to be ashamed. They're not just kids books. I got a lot out of them.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Okay, wise ass. I will say it is NOT a log cabin like we all have been thinking. It is the remains of a cabin of a plane which has crashed into the side of a mountain.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Oops - I thought you meant I should try yours. Sorry for giving away the answer. I couldn't think clearly after reading how excited you were at the thought of my nipples.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger PackerPundit said...

did u see the game last night... the angels got hosed!!! ack

romey happy hnt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home