Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Thursday, August 18, 2005

What is for Dinner?



That is a really good question. I can not for the love of vishnu figure what I want to eat for dinner tonight.

Jon called with a few stipulations:

1)must have meat (preferably cow or pig---he just won't go for manatee meat or racoon by-products).

2)please not something that heats up the entire house (we have two window AC units in our crummy duplex).

3)something yummy.

Does anyone out there in 'puterland have any ideas? 'Cause if you do I will take 'em!

6 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I always found you cant go wrong with chicken.

That photo made me homesick...

: )

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger daisyduke said...

i have a coupon for a free sushi dinner, if you're interested...

the only other thing i can think of to say, is: brass monkey...that funky monkey (i know that song's not about pole dancing, but the brass...oh well...nevermind)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

no sleep 'till Brooklyn!

Yeah, restaurant or take out

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Brass Monkey, that funky monkey.

Hehehehe, now I have that song in my head Daisy! But it is a fun song so it's all good.

I'll take the Sushi! Gotta have the sushi. I don't care what anyone says. Sushi is not disgusting it is a dining experience... of scents, for the sights, the beautiful presentation, the texture and taste of the food.

If you never had sushi, try it. You might like it.

By the way I had Kroger's self rising peperonni pizza last night.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i totally understand about heating up the house to make dinner..sucks moose balls dont it? I do either take out or something microwavable..or tell em to fend for themselves and i have a yogurt.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

sorry, I missed last night, but this is a favorite of ours:
boneless chicken breasts (filets or tenders) - up to 6 breasts
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing
mix mayo and dressing in zip lock food storage bag. add garlic salt and black pepper to taste (optional).
put chicken in bag and coat completely. 1/2 hour marinade is better, if you have the time.
Grill chicken, turning once (about 8 minutes/side over medium heat).
Serve with a Caesar salad (buy the bag!)
We like to have it with fetticini alfredo (carb lovers) but corn on the cob is good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home