Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Riddle Me This

HAHAHAHA Bust your heads doing these!



1.Are the Squares perfect Squares?



2.Are the colors of orange the same?

3.At a family reunion were the following people: one grandfather, one grandmother, two fathers, two mothers, four children, three grandchildren, one brother, two sisters, two sons, two daughters, one father-in-law, one mother-in-law, and one daughter-in-law. But not as many people attended as it sounds. How many were there, and who were they?

4.You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers -- one with "LIFE" written on it and one with "DEATH" written on it -- are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking), and if you choose the one with "LIFE" written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. On this occasion, a mean-spirited acquaintenance of yours, bent on your demise, has substituted the paper with "LIFE" written on it with another one with "DEATH" written on it. This person gleefully informs you of what he has done and that you are doomed to die. You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers or the hat yourself in time. How will you avoid certain death?


5.Four switches can be turned on or off. One is the lightswitch for the incandescent overhead light in the next room, which is initially off, but you don't know which. The other three switches do nothing. From the room with the switches in it, you can't see whether the light in the next room is turned on or off. You may flip the switches as often and as many times as you like, but once you enter the next room to check on the light, you must be able to say which switch controls the light without flipping the switches any further. (And you can't open the door without entering, either!) How can you determine which switch controls the light?

6.A man marries twenty women in his village but isn't charged with polygamy.

12 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger :) said...

i love opitcal illusions :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

my brain hurts!

(giggle)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

#4) You tell them that you will pick the one with "death" on it thereby proving that the other one must mean life!

#6) He marries them one after another after he burries the last.

Too much math for the others - have to go to bed. Head hurts.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Uhh....

1. Yes, the squares are perfect.

2. Yes, the colors are the same.

3. WHAT?!

4. I mean, can you?

5. Uh...

6. He's that one religion where they can have lots of wives.

Damn, I'm a fucking Jenius I tell ya!

Oh yeah, your mission is accomplished. My head is busted.

And I'm oh so happy to have you back, Mami!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

3. One grandfather is one father and the grandmother is one mother. Both mother and father are someone's child, so 1 father is 1 son and 1 mother is 1 daughter. So far that's 4 people. The grandfather is a father in law and the grandmother is a mother in law, so that's still four people. The mother is a daughter in law: still 4 people. 2 of the 3 grandshildren are also children. We are up to 7 people.One brother and two sisters are 3 grandchildren The father and the brother are both sons, two sisters are b oth daughters and the father in law is the grandfather...

So I'm going to say 7, but I'm probably wrong...

4. Either draw both papers at once to show they both say death on them or...uh...okay there is no or.

5.

6. He's either a widow or a pastor

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger daisyduke said...

my brain is lazy today...but he's a pastor and you gotta pick out both papers or go in the guy's pocket and retrieve your life. the illusions make me dizzy and the family tree is more than I have the patience for...I'm glad to see you again, though!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yes the squares are perfect and the color the same..i have no clue about the rest and no time to figure it out. I have to work my tired ass off today..i know..its after noon here but i will be working late..did you still want to know what it is i do dear alice? i think you asked that on my blog last week..lest i get forgetful..

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Such excellent answers by some... You guys wanna see the answers tomorrow?

I can tell you:

1)someone's right
2)someone's right
3)someone's right
4)not the answer I was given, but I don't see how yours are wrong.
5)that is posing to be a problem
6)someone is right again!

And yes, dearest Dusty, what is it that you do?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Alice..

I work for the major food and beverage manufacturers. They have chosed, based on demographics, stores in my shithole of a town. I walk the miles and miles of grocery and convienence store aisles for them noting where their products are displayed and how they are displayed. I then get the numbers for each stores sales and crunch them for the bastards. They also have stupid little projects that I have to do such as telling them every single fucking product which is sold in the refrigerated sections of said stores..what that has to do with their products is beyond me..I do not have to write all this information down, they provide me with a laptop and handheld scanner that reads the UPC's on each item. I could go on, but i see your eyes glazing over sweetie..

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Actually, I think I would like your gig.

I like working by myself.

I LOVE crunching numbers... which is what I am doing this morning (I just turned in a grant reimbursement for 19,632.54 to the city for all the ramps we have built)

I LOVE food.

They hiring in Bakersfrigginfield?

And believe me, my eyes glaze over just sitting here at my desk at my job... yours seems a lot more interesting.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger ~J~ said...

4. You pick a piece of paper out of the hat, but do not open it. Ask them to open the one in the hat. When they see it says "Death", then they'll *know* you picked Life.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you did point out the few things about my job which i like..working alone, boss lives two hours away and never comes down to bug me and i do like seeing what new food and/or drink items hit the market before most people do. I also like the exercise that i get from all the walking,stretching and bending i do non-stop for hours on end..thanks for reminding me why i took the job alice..your a peach sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home