Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Current Status

This has just been a horrific week.

Okay, RampArt the big fundraiser my agency is doing is going on tonight... we have 50 artists and 100 pieces of artwork, it is all hanging in the art gallery now.

The Biographies for each piece are finished, I have to go to the gallery this morning and MAKE sure there are no mistakes.

The food has been donated, the band set. Now we just have to make sure it gets to the gallery before the doors open at 6:00.

Jesus christ of latter day saints I am STRESSED right now.

My paycheck has been garnished for a hospital bill from when I sliced my damn wrist open after taking 52 xanax four years ago.

I can't pay May or June rent yet.

I am CONSTANTLY getting creditor calls... I think Red's creditor call reinactment was the best...

I have NO idea what I am going to wear tonight... yeah, it's one of those seriously formal things... and I can't afford anything new. And I work with a bunch of old people so I can't borrow anything to where that can fit a 5'8" voluptious hot body of mine (see even amoungst with facing adversity, I still try to be postitive).

Just wish me luck guys.

17 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

I hope you can find something today to give you joy inside. A warm thought, a hug or a smile. It's too bad this e-community can only offer it with words.
It sounds like you have done your best to bring success for the show.
Grace and peace to you today and always.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Yeah, but those words right now are REALLY making me feel a lot better.

Thank you Kurt... I hope your day goes well too.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck...I am sure all will go smoothly for you as far as work is concerned. Funny how some stuff takes care of itself. Be strong! You'll get through.

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way. It made me giggle to imagine that particular scenario. (Oh- and theres always like a herd of kids over there, so he should be fairly busy...)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Yeah, kids are like lemmings, very randomn and ALWAYS in herds.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

"Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" (hehe), May and June rent not paid? You're gonna get evicted, girl!

Good luck!

Hehe.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Don't try to hide all that voluption, and maybe some of your monetary woes will vanish. Works here in LA.

Good luck. Worse case, I can can the monkey & put you up on my porch & you can maintain the archives.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

This is already after the fact, so I hope things went well! What'd you wear, Mami?!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger thc said...

Sooo, how did it go?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Hey, NA Fan Club Pres, the monkey finally did a little work today, but I must say I am not sure it is all that exciting.

Hope all turned out well at the gala event.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger doym said...

I'm a little late to wish you good luck but i hope it all went well.

If you ever need a place to stay for a while your more than welcome to stay here, it's a little far from home but it's just as far from your troubles hahaha

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well jesus christ girl..we are friggin waiting to hear how it went???? give us an update will ya??

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Don't make me mobilize the Yankee fans outside your gallery for a riot!

We'll do it!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

They are ready to go. Don't make me do this. I will.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Can I uncross my fingers now? B)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

It's on!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Zan said...

I was at the event and thought it went pretty well. It was exhausting but that was expected. This was my first year helping with RampArt, though, so maybe it went badly and I don't even know it.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I will give a post this afternoon, as you can see, Zan, is a sneaky co-worker of mine, I believe it went well, but I will give you ALL more information later... as you can see, I had to take a weekend away from my work so that I could relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home