Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Day of Hell

Since my day has been a living hell I will keep this one short and sweet.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Any guesses, without googling who wrote it?

12 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is it from the book Dune? I am not sure but it rang a bell w/me since i loved it so much when i read it over and over again..many many moon ago..

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i do not have a copy of the book nor do i remember the authors name at the moment..i am giddy about the announcement of who was Deep Throat" during the watergate affair..nixon is rollingover in his grave..

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

What, huh, really? Who was deep throat?

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger thc said...

Mark Felt, former FBI official. The Washington post has confirmed it.

And by the way, I have no idea whatsoever who wrote that and I'm sorry you've had a rough day! Tomorrow will be better.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

i feel my world shake
like an earthquake
it's hard to see clear
is it me, is it fear

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Alice,

In short, he was a guy (unknown identity for about 30 years) that leaked information to two Washington Post reporters that ultimately ended in President Nixon having to resign as President, mired in a scandal.

I am sure the papers and internet will be heavily covering the story tomorrow and you'll be able to read all about it.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Very wise. Hope the rest of the week goes better.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you, Alice!

*sending love your way, mami*

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger daisyduke said...

i'm a little late, since tomorrow's already today...and i have no idea who wrote that, but i can tell you this--that IS the way to overcome fear. it only exists where we allow it to. not only that, it's wednesday...happy hump day!!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I have personally always loved this quote.

And yep it is from Dune and the author is Frank Herbert.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I got it right? do i win something alice??? just kidding..the replys made me laugh..they were more about "deep throat" than your quote which i love so much i actually remembered from whence it came..

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Dusty-you are the man-well not literally of course.

DUSTY IS THE MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home