Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Revolutions, Revelations, and Resolutions

Another year has come and gone my friends and once again I have used a holiday to get drunk and review my skew on life.

I was drunk, needless to say after three bottles of wine my boyfriend and I had consumed as well as several bourbon balls to myself.... my reflections were more or less hysterical.

I need the bourbon ball recipe... now that was good stuff!

So, after waking up Sunday afternoon with a mild hangover I reviewed my 16 resolutions for the 2006 calendar year and I had to quickly narrow it down to a few that I could at least survive with.

Now I want to see which ones hold out the longest...

1) two cups of coffee a day, and no more.
2) eat breafast everyday
3) excercise once a day for 30 minutes
4) a dollar a day into my savings account
5) no more eating after 9:00 at night
6) no more than 10 cigarettes a day
7) pay off old debts
8) finish my collection of short stories I have written
9) get to places on time

So, what were your resolutions?

11 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

I'll take all of yours except 6 & 8.
My other one is, "If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it Kurt."

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

i think i would like to resolve to have a bourbon ball

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Scott said...

1) two cups of coffee a day - one is all I need!
2) eat a HEALTHY breafast everyday
3) start using the gym everyday for at least 30 minutes - okay perhaps 20 minutes
4) 25$ dollars a month into my savings account
5) no more then three beers at Dee's Cafe on a friday night
6) I don't smoke
7) pay off old debts? yeah when I hit the lottery
8)I want to feel better about ME - I want to advoid my downer trips

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

I resolved to make no resolutions..

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

Survival.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger none said...

Exercising is a good one, and Scott's number 8.
I also want to get back into making more art especially for selling.
And no mirror criticising.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

My resolution started something like "Fuck It." It works.

I miss seeing you at my blog.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Great resolutions. So far, my new year has sucks so bad, I don't even care about resolutions. But, if I did, my list would look eerily similar to yours.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I resolve to wake up everyday..its the only one I know I can keep.

bourbon balls are either really good or really bad..glad you found some good ones..

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pay off my credit card debt (I like Kurt's saying), eat more vegetables, not drop out of grad school.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Zan said...

Ok, so you want some resolutions. I'll see if I can burn off a few here.
-Megan is resolving to not drop out of grad school. I will adopt this as well.
-I also am going to exercise 30 minutes or more a day, with a goal of losing a healthy 5 pounds a month. This shouldn't be too difficult, because I can lose that much with just calorie restriction. Add exercise and it should be smooth sailing.
-Wear more purple
-Make the most important decision of my life to date.
-Take responsibility for fulfilling my dreams.
-"Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's."
-"Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself."

There, take that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home