Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Still Alive!

Yes, aren't you all glad your sweat Alice is still alive and kicking? I'm sure you are! Christmas went well, and I have eaten so much turkey and ham I could go the rest of the year without seeing it again (which won't be very long with 2006 around the corner)! Like every Christmas things went a little squirrely at the last minute (like the fact that I stayed in town). But otherwise everything is decent over in these parts.

I will be back to blogging on the second of the new year..... I am going on a much needed vacation (in my own home and away from work).

Take Care... see you all the second.

Gentle thoughts for today...

Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right
time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

He who hesitates is probably right.

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Did you ever notice:

When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together

it spells "Theirs."

13 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

I'm glad you're still alive...I was wondering there for a second.

As far as your gentle thoughts, I just bought a hammer yesterday because I couldn't find either of the three I have somewhere in this house.

It's almost like underwear...why do laundry when you can just go buy more?

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

glad to see you're alive, dear Alice; we missed ya. :) Enjoy your time off.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger none said...

yes, do enjoy your time off and we'll hear from you next year.

and thank you for your gentle thoughts to ponder. I liked the IRS one...

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy!!!! Love your quotes. Miss you lots, too.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ok..you checked in..go sit around the house and watch soaps for a week..or whatever trips your trigger girl..

Happy friggin new year!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year- glad Christmas was kind to you!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Happy New Year and vacation wishes from me as well.
I also enjoyed your gentle thoughts. The most poignant was "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right
time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

Perhaps that can be one of my resolutions...

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Have a good week off. I'm doing the same this week & it's been wonderful & very much needed.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

"christmas went a little squirrely?" they don't eat rodents in missouri, now do they?

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I know I missed Alice

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Bliain Nua Fe Mhaise

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the day is not getting any younger..and you promiesd a post..where the fuck is it?

love,
dusty:)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

our "sweat" alice? i consider you many things but sweaty is not one of them.. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home