Down The Rabbit Hole

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)”

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time keeps on Moving




HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT THE HARDEST CHOICES IN LIFE ARE THE ONES THAT EFFECT YOU THE MOST.

Do you ever look back on your life and say, “boy,. I wished I could have changed that, my life would be so much better.”

Granted for the most part we all think that. But I don’t want to do that for the major parts of my life. Every year about this time (when spring starts up) I begin to get depressed and think about all the things I could have changed.

Well, damnit, I am to young for that kind of thinking. There is shit in my life that I want to do and I want to enjoy. And like a well set up domino grouping if you get your shit together your dominoes will hit the next consecutive one and your dominoes will fall into place.

Side note: is Domino singular and pluralized is Dominoes? Or is it like pototo/potatos?

Life is like a complicated ballet movement… if you move every step correctly you will end up with the most beautiful routine ever… if you make the wrong move you end up breaking your damned ankle and having to sit out of the remainder of the show.

I personally want my perfect domino/dance recital.

How the hell do I do it though?

How I want my life to go:

*get a better job-to support going back to college-thinking of working for the post-office I found out from a rural carrier that they start out at $15.00 an hour, yes you do have to use your own car but they do pay for all the gas and mileage reimbursement)

*go back to college… graduate before age 30 Interest now in paralegal work

*lease to own a home while working and going to college.

*when I have graduated college work a little longer… find a terrific first time “college issued” job.

*sell leased home to move to whatever area new job is in.

How my life is working out currently:

*Shit job

*3 years of college with emphasis on psychology, sociology, and art history

*renting (although the neighbors are a riot)

Please note that not a single damn part of that had anything to do with marriage or kids (that is a later post Ms. Zan).

Continuing this post after lunch

23 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

dominoES.

My dream was to teach. I am so glad I did it for that one year, and think I will have to go back to it.

All I can say is to do EVERYTHING in your power no matter how tired or dejected you get along the path to chase after your dreams!

There was an elementary school with this painted on the wall:

Shoot for the moon. Even if you fall short, you'll land among the stars!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

John you old softy.

Thanks for they DominoES correction.... look, still teaching ain't ya!

Good motto, I dig it.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Zan said...

Well hello there Alice,

I think you have an excellent plan there. More money would definitely give you the opportunity to pursue the rest of your dreams. Working for the post office may afford you the flexibility of schedule to go to school at the same time...maybe not as a carrier but working in a mail distribution center. That really could be your first domino. How exciting!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger none said...

Do what you need to do, girl. Life is only growing shorter and time doesn't stop. Nor will your dreams go on without you.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

You get some lunch break.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Not to be all doom and gloom, but dreams do go on without you if you don’t wrestle them to the ground and beat them into submission. Is that another way of saying “follow your dreams”? Maybe. But make sure you have a beating stick handy to render it incapable of getting away, just in case.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Lunchbreak is up to 36 hours now.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Alice- in the words of the great Dr. Suess:

You have brains in your head You have feet in your shoes You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

And when things start to happen don't worry don't stew. Just go right along you'll start happening too.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

That's the longest lunch break I've ever seen.

Do you have to go back to college to work in paralegal??? Could you work as a law office clerk or something and move up? I knew a couple people that were in paralegal, without a college degree at all.

They just did an article here in the Post Dispatch, interviewing paralegals and how they have to work a second job to make ends meet. They had kids and mortgages, however.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girlfriend..just DO it

Isn't that a Nike ad? I knew I saw it somewhere before lol..

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

60 hour lunch break, and counting.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger none said...

I'll have to disagree with you urbancannibal. Your dreams don't go on without you. They'll stop where you leave them.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Yes I do!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

100+ hour lunch by the time you read this.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

i'm with september. i am also going to tell you something that may be different or may be the same as everyone else.
Do a job you enjoy, but don't necessarily look for your job to fulfill you. Some people have the drive to conquer. To be the next Michael Dell, Bill Gates or Tiger Woods. Most of us are not that driven and attempting to be that way can lead to frustration, sadness and depression over a life spent reaching, jumping to be what we won't be.
Build your life around you with love. From friends, family and activities. Savor the flavor of each day. If you aren't making major bucks, don't opt for major toys. Pay as you go and if there is something you really want, find out what are willing to do to get it. Then do it.
But don't waste time trying to do things for the wrong reasons.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Hardest choice i had to make was finally calling it quits with a company i have been with for almost 4 years. It was like finally admitting i failed to make a career here and need to move on

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you know Carl Edwards is from Columbia my dear Alice?

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

200 HOUR LUNCH BREAK

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Come back, Alice

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I've been doing lots of thinking after my dry spell last week. I mean, I straight up didn't know left from right.

I wanna stop now, my brain hurts.

I hope you do follow all your dreams! Or at least try. I like what John said, alot. Shoot for the moon. Even if you fall short, you'll land amongst the stars! I like stars.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

(john likes jenn)

Hey, seriously, this cliff hanger bullshit for a week is ENOUGH!!!

Don't make me come kick some Missouri ass on you like I'm a Kansas boy.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Tempus Fugit....
I'm 43 and still haven't got my shit together.
If you have dreams, do them NOW, live them now. What are you waiting for?

....Time Flies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home